For guidance on best practices for breeding rodents, along with how to mitigate these common challenges and improve survival rates and pup health, download the guide, Best Practices for Rodent Colony Planning, Breeding Support, and Pup Health.
When you download the guide, you will learn more about:
- Results from the survey of AALAS members, “Breeding Support and Pup Health”
- How to set up the ideal environment conducive for successful breeding
- Which breeding scheme is right for your desired outcome—during trio and harem mating breeding schemes, welfare issues such as trampling, fighting, and filth can occur
- How to mitigate and address common issues such as poor mating, small litters, fighting, cannibalism, weanling weight, and pup mortality—results from the “Breeding Support and Pup Health” survey indicated that almost 65% of respondents encountered cannibalism issues and 46% of respondents encountered fighting
- How to increase pup survival rates and health with enrichment and nutrition supplements—24% and 42% of respondents from the survey, “Breeding Support and Pup Health”, respectively reported that their institution’s cage preparation requirements include hydration gel or moistened pellets at the bottom of the cage
Are you are looking to improve your breeding process and pup survival rates? Get your copy of the guide by filling out the form on this page.