The Marketing Manager is an energetic and intuitive marketing planner and master of tactical execution with exceptional leadership, management and communication skills. This position is responsible for supporting achievement of the company’s revenue objectives by orchestrating fulfillment of all marketing aspects of the go-to-market strategies and tactical plans, domestically and internationally, for the company’s current commercial and developing products. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for the design, development, and actuation of all product positioning, marketing communications, campaigns and sales process support to veterinarians and animal care professionals committed to improving animal health and welfare by optimizing the delivery of hydration, nutrition, biologics and therapeutic ingredients to the animals in their care.
- Reports directly to the Vice President, Sales & Marketing.
- Develops, authors, and implements a comprehensive annual marketing plan for all business segments including Research, Food Animal Agriculture, Pet, Exotic/Zoo, etc., for direct and distributor sales channels.
- Commands a thorough product knowledge and understanding of appropriate customer applications for animal hydration, nutrition, and medication oral delivery.
- Conducts market research, voice of customer feedback, surveys and applicable sales analysis to enhance product positioning, and identify product promotional and market development opportunities.
- Plans and manages, with internal and external resources, the coordination for generating all marketing communication materials inclusive of blogs, technical bulletins, eBooks, instructional videos, webinar presentations, surveys, and sales collateral, etc.
- Develops, plans, and manages the execution of all aspects of digital marketing and the inbound sales process.
- Coordinates with Sales, Technical Support and Customer Service to address customer inquiries and exceed customer service expectations.
- Drives geographic business expansion through identification and establishment of international distribution partners in unserved markets.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring marketing performance metrics by identifying effectiveness/impact of current marketing initiatives with tracking and analysis, and optimizes accordingly.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate CRM systems (HubSpot), and website platform content with ensuring the integrity of information, target list maintenance, and efficient outbound digital marketing capability.
- Provides field sales support – trade show planning and representation, distributor training, customer presentations, sales calls, webinar sessions as required.
- Coordinates with Sales and Product Management for identifying, prioritizing, defining, collaborator coordination, and executing customer product application trials to support performance and application data for marketing communication materials.
- Present ideas and final deliverables to internal and external teams, and communicates with senior leaders about marketing programs, strategies, and budgets.
- Provides and accepts adhoc reporting requests and additional projects as needed.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Bachelor’s degree in a life science related field such as biology, animal science, etc.
MBA degree preferred.
Minimum of five years related experience in animal health marketing at a manager level in a large, multinational organization.
Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal and general communication with a natural ability to work in a collaborative team environment, as well as presenting in front of large groups.
Project management and team leadership, preferably related to new product commercialization.
Proficient in Microsoft Office apps – Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Availability to travel (up to 10%; occasionally more when warranted).
Strong business acumen including:
Results orientation – Must be highly motivated and value follow through and adherence to deadlines. High standards in terms of work ethic, discipline, accountability and continuous improvement are critical in this role.
Critical thinking – Listen and connect various data points, discussions and perspectives to solve problems.
Analytical – Possess strong analytical ability, able to assess data and make logical assumptions.
Attention to detail – Value the importance of accuracy and detail orientation while being able to see the big picture.
- Self awareness – Understand role in organization and how to interact with others.
- Cross-functional collaboration – Work across functions and levels to develop solutions.
- High competence with digital marketing, outbound customer cultivation and CRM tools
ClearH2O is looking for an experienced and versatile marketing manager, while having focused in one market, is ready and capable to manage multiple market segments. Our ideal candidate has experience developing and executing marketing campaigns in the animal health industry, understands the veterinarian customer profile, and has a strong customer centric sales orientation at their core. They will be comfortable with day-to-day marketing activities, as well as long-term strategy, thriving with tight deadlines and changing needs. We want high energy, high aptitude people who love the rewarding challenge of building brands and cultivating aggressive revenue growth through a well-executed marketing and sales engine.