INSIDE SALES ASSOCIATE
The primary responsibility for this position is to generate revenue by cultivating the sales process with prospective and existing customers of ClearH2O products for the commercial agriculture (poultry) and research laboratory animal market. This is accomplished by efficient sales pipeline management from customer lead and sample follow-up through cultivation to closure and account maintenance. Understanding product applications that meet customer requirements; providing technical product information; initiating and monitoring sample product usage and customer trials; providing distributor sales support; and managing sales process milestones are essential responsibilities. This is a corporate office based position with occasional field travel to key accounts, industry tradeshows, and regional association meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports to the Vice President, Sales & Marketing
- Activities directed both by independent prospect and existing customer development as well as inbound marketing lead generation and campaign follow up.
- Executes outbound communications to solicit new accounts by building rapport, providing technical information and facilitating product sampling and evaluation.
- Identifies sales opportunities by researching existing customer sales database for product usage and order patterns.
- Commands a thorough product knowledge and understanding of appropriate customer applications.
- Actively listens to customer needs and offers the appropriate product solution.
- Develops and manages key account relationships with regular communication frequency.
- Actively coordinates with marketing on digital marketing campaigns and timely execution of tactical steps involving inside sales.
- Works closely with marketing, technical service, accounting, and customer service to ensure prompt, accurate, and thorough customer communications.
- Plans and executes to achieve and exceed customer, market, and product category sales objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a life science or technical field such as biology, physiology, animal science, environmental science, animal nutrition, or equivalent is desired. Alternatively, a business or marketing degree with work experience in a technical field or veterinary technician training will be considered.
- Minimum two years of relevant experience in technical or life science sales; animal health related market experience is desirable.
- Technical aptitude is required.
- Experience in conducting one-on-one and/or small group training sessions is desired.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with high level of confidence is essential
- Should be diligent in handling CRM software (HubSpot, SalesForce, etc ...) and other common computer software such as Outlook, Excel, MS Word, Power Point, etc.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze market and customer metrics.
- Skilled troubleshooting abilities to assist customers via phone and in person with technical support.
- Exemplifies a customer centric perspective while supporting practical business fundamentals.
- Mature team player that is equally confident working independently.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work environment is 90% office-based; 10% field travel.
- Available for on-call requests, requiring travel after normal work hours.
- Heavy lifting – regularly required to lift product or equipment in excess of 40 lbs.
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-Term Disability, and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Simple IRA with Employer Match.
For more information and to apply for this position, please email email@example.com
This job description is not intended and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, ClearH2O reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
No unsolicited Employment Agency resumes are accepted.
- Life Science